Monday, March 7, 2011

Screw the Directions!

Alright, so this week has been all about bastardizing cookie mixes. I got some Betty Crocker cookie mixes on the cheap at the grocery store, and I've been making cookies to quell the desire for stabsies. And both of these batches were excellent examples of one of my favorite baking rules: If the batter is so good you can't stop eating it, the end result will be even better.

First I started with a double chocolate cookie mix. It was basically chocolate cookies with chocolate chunks. So then I melted about half a cup of chunky peanut butter down, and stirred it into the mix. Then I added some Reese's Peanut Butter chips I had leftover from the peanut butter cheesecake. Added the secret ingredient, and baked away. The result was tasty. So tasty in fact, that somehow between when I went to bed and when I awoke 2 dozen of them disappeared into thin air.

Tonight I took the oatmeal cookie mix and ran with it. I'm not a fan of raisins in my cookies, so eff the raisins! Raspberries are where it is at. I had extra frozen raspberries from the raspberry scones, so I decided to put them to good use. I mixed them into my cookie dough, and also added some cinnamon and nutmeg for good measure. A little secret ingredient, and they were popped onto the tray. I topped each one with an extra raspberry and baked away. I wonder if there will be any left when I get up this time...

No comments:

Post a Comment