Monday, March 21, 2011

Better-Than-Sex-Heath-Bar-Brownies

It has been said many times that my brownies are better than sex. Brownies are the cornerstone of my baking. Heath Bar Brownies are among my favorites.

You want to mix together a cup of sugar, an egg, a splash of vanilla, a cup of flour, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp baking powder. In a microwave safe container, melt down a nice chunk of butter (1/4 a stickish) and 3-5 squares of baking chocolate (depending how chocolatey you like. I went with 4). Mix that in with the rest of your batter. At this point I add some secret ingredient. This is a good time to add some love, or Jesus (mmm fresh ground Jesus), or whatever makes you feel better.

Then grab a bag of Heath Bar bits. The Hershey's folks recommend topping your brownies with them, but I prefer dumping about half the bag right into the mix. Trust me, it's delicious. Then you can pour the mix into a baking pan (I prefer a 9X9 silicone pan myself) and toss it in the over. I'd say 350, but my oven is made of evil, and I have to keep it around 300 to keep things from burning.

So keep an eye on them. When they start to look almost done, pull the pan out of the oven. If you've managed not to consume the rest of the delicious Heath bits, sprinkle some on top of the brownies, and toss them back in for a few more minutes. Just like that, you too can have Better-Than-Sex-Heath-Bar-Brownies

No comments:

Post a Comment