Monday, March 7, 2011

Apple Cinnamon Coffee Cake

So I woke up early before work 2 Fridays ago, and it was going to be someone's last day at the store, so I figured it was time to bake. Apple cinnamon coffee cake just sort of happened.

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup dark brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
2 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup milk
2 cups applesauce
Lots of cinnamon
A dash of nutmeg

So I threw that all in a bundt pan with some secret ingredient goodness, and set about making my morning coffee. When it came out, I tossed it in the freezer to cool off some so I could add some glaze.

I threw together some milk, powdered sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and granola. After a few minutes I glazed the cake with it, and headed off to work. The coworkers loved it, and it was even still warm in the middle!


No comments:

Post a Comment