Sunday, February 6, 2011

Peanut Butter Cheesecake

That's right. A straight up heart attack of deliciousness in a pan.

The crust started with a pack of Oreos (well actually store-brand chocolate sandwich cream cookies, but whatever). Crushed those up, minus the handful that made it to my mouth, and added a stick of melted butter. I mixed that all together and pressed it into the pie pan. Yes I realize that I should have a fancy-schmancy spring form pan and make it in a water bath, but I'm baking on a budget here. I work with what I have.

Anyway, the best part is the filling. About a cup of brown sugar, one egg, and one package of cream cheese mixed together. A smidge of the secret ingredient mixed in. Then I took about a cup of Reeses peanut butter chips (which I had never baked with before, but they were on clearance so I couldn't resist) and melted them with a small amount of butter. I stirred that into my cheesecake mixture. It thickened it up a bit more than I expected, but it was still a good texture... and totally delicious. So I spread it into my pan and tossed it in the oven. Mmmmm.

1 comment: