Saturday, February 12, 2011

Chocolate Cupcakes, Giant Cupcake, and Muffin Aside...

Saturdays are great days for baking. Yay baking. It's a problem, I know. And I've roped the roomie into my addiction. I'm a horrible person. So after our Saturday morning BSG fix, we found ourselves in the kitchen.

Alright, so I'd already been in the kitchen this morning. I whipped up a quick batch of lemon poppy seed muffins from a cheap mix that was on sale at the grocery store. With a bit of secret ingredient mixed in, I tossed them in the oven while I made coffee. After all, we'd need fuel for the cupcake madness to come. The mix yielded a nice half dozen, and for being so cheap and easy, they were pretty damn tasty.

But really, what matters here is cupcakes. Because who doesn't love cupcakes, right? Anyway, being the lovely sharer of addictions that I am, I had gotten her a Big Top Cupcake pan for the holidays to go with the lovely new stand mixer I knew she was getting. So she was baking with that for the first time. She filled it with funfetti cake mix, and into the oven it went. She made a tasty peanut butter filling for it too... it had peanut butter chips, peanut butter, butter, sugar, and milk. Yummy.

I made some chocolate cupcakes:
2 cups of all-purpose flour
2 cups of brown sugar
2 cups of melted semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 tsp. baking soda
2 large eggs
1 tsp. salt
1 cup of vegetable oil
A generous splash of vanilla extract
1 cup of water
And some secret ingredient

We were having oven issues today. Not everything baked evenly. Though I made about 2 dozen cupcakes, only about a dozen were presentable. So I frosted those with leftover frosting from the Murdercake. Added some sprinkles to make them super cute, and we have hooray cupcakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment