Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pumpkin Cheesecake (and a little something extra)!

This is the start of a BAKING MARATHON for my fire crew's party tomorrow night. I have my folks to feed, and that damn cute boy from the last post, so it's going to be a party in my kitchen tonight.

So it starts with pumpkin cheesecake. I am being lazy and I misplaced my pie pan somewhere in moving, so I started with a pre-made graham cracker crust.

For the filling:

1 package cream cheese
1 15 oz can of pumpkin
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
Cinnamon and nutmeg to taste
Secret ingredient!

It's best to let the cream cheese soften for a bit... or you can rush like me. Either way you mix it all together and put it in the crust. I ended up with more filling than I had room for though. So I put the cheesecake in the 345 degree oven and started on my next project.

Left over cheesecake filling means cheesecake bars!

So I whipped up something for the bottom:

1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
Splash in some vanilla
Secret Ingredient
1 stick melted butter.

So you mix that all together and press it into a greased 9" x 9" pan. Then I poured the cheesecake filling on top. I sprinkled that with some brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg, and threw it into the oven with the cheesecake.

2 types of delicious from 1 tasty filling!

Pumpkin Cheesecake:

Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars:


Edit after cutting the bars:

Way to much sugar in the bottom part of the bars. They are damn tasty, but a very strange texture. The very bottom almost sort of carmelized and they are super chewy and kind of fudgy. I don't understand really, but they taste good so I'll feed them to my coworkers anyway ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment